Tuesday, January 10, 2012
JAY’S CARROT CAKE P SERVES: 12-16
This is a straight forward delicious carrot cake that we enjoy as is. Spread it with cream cheese icing and you have a dessert cake.
2 cups sugar electric mixer
1 ½ cups vegetable oil 9” tube pan
4 eggs cooling rack
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 pound carrots-grated
Non-dairy baking spray
Optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts, pecans
1. Preheat oven to: 325 F. Spray tube pan and dust with flour. Set aside.
2. Pour sugar and oil into bowl of mixer. Beat on medium speed until well blended.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, until they are incorporated into batter.
4. Pour in flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Beat on medium speed while pouring in grated carrots. If using nuts, add them at this time.
5. Pour batter into tube pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted into cake comes out clean. Allow carrot cake to cool for 10 minutes before turning it onto rack. Cool completely before serving.